Barking Kitten

Fiction, musings on literature, food writing, and the occasional Friday cat blog. For lovers of serious literature, cooking, and eating.

Name:

Close to forty. Not cool. Politically left. Atheist. Happily married. No kids.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Discerning Eye (continued)

Tonight my lover is coming over. I shower, anoint myself with the rose oil, throw on an old dress of dark blue cotton. I prepare a platter of French bread, brie, olives. Daniel is incapable of large meals. Instead he eats selectively, less discerning than disinterested. His dislike of food annoys me. It's womanish, fussy, reminiscent of Victorian ladies stuffing themselves before a banquet. Though of course there's none of the effete in his lack of appetite, it only seems so. Ah, appearances.

Continued

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home