Barking Kitten

Fiction, musings on literature, food writing, and the occasional Friday cat blog. For lovers of serious literature, cooking, and eating.

Name:

Close to forty. Not cool. Politically left. Atheist. Happily married. No kids.

Monday, August 28, 2006

A Discerning Eye (continued)

In the night I awaken. Beside me the bed is empty. I drift off, awaken again, but Daniel hasn't come back.

There's light coming from beneath the bathroom door. Adrenaline rushes through my body. Suddenly I am completely awake. "Daniel? Are you okay?"

"Anna? Did I wake you?" He sounds funny. Muffled.

"What's going on? Let me in!" I try the doorknob, expecting it to be locked. It isn't, and I nearly fall into the bathroom.

There's blood everywhere.

continued

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home