Barking Kitten

Fiction, musings on literature, food writing, and the occasional Friday cat blog. For lovers of serious literature, cooking, and eating.

Name:

Close to forty. Not cool. Politically left. Atheist. Happily married. No kids.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Discerning Eye (continued)

After returning from the photo lab I stand Tickets, Beggar's Wheel, and Nightcage in a row on the studio's east wall. Tickets strikes me as the most visually arresting. The other two cannot stand alone; they need the company of the series. It is the works as group that impart weight, imply profundity.

I think of the Astrid series, of how I have avoided the political in my work, at times dismissed it outright, yet here I am, poised between two overtly political projects …

continued

, ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home